Friday 14 October 2011

London MCM Expo

The London MCM Expo (if you didn’t know already) is Britain's largest Comic Convention with 50,000+ people per show and is a showcase of Cult Entertainment and Pop-Culture from various segments of the Entertainment Industry: Science Fiction/Fantasy Films & TV, Animation, Comics, Games, Japan, Anime, Manga, Cosplay, Pop Art, Collectable’s (Figures, Autographs etc.).

Why did I start going?

I’ve been going to the MCM Expo in London for 5 to 6 years now, I actually found out about it from a Tokyopop in-store event. Primarily I’m a huge fan of anything Japanese but my geekiness spreads to western Comics, Films and Games, so the MCM was the perfect place for me. Throughout the years I’ve made friends, relationships and heightened my knowledge and love for my interests - all through the MCM Expo. We’ve had a constant stand at the MCM Expo for about 4 years now, I find it really difficult when I hear store owners at events like the MCM Expo referring to what they sell and the event as 'work'. Yes ok it is work, but we enjoy every minute of it. The buzz of an Expo-weekend (it’s now a 3 day weekend Friday to Sunday) is like nothing else, and don’t worry not all shop owners have that attitude it’s a varied bunch (you can usually tell after few seconds of talking to someone... 
Read more
 

No comments:

Post a Comment